Looking for a delicious, but simple meal to warm your soul and/or the hearts of those you love? This homemade tomato soup is super easy to prepare and very nourishing! Make it with your favorite sandwich (grilled cheese made with organic cheddar and sourdough bread goes really well) and colorful salad. This meal is truly all about pleasure; make it with lots of love, and enjoy with those you adore.
- 2 tbps. olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbps. tomato paste
- 2 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 8 cups vegetable stock or water
- 3 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
2. Add the chopped onion and sauté about 5 minutes or until soft and translucent.
3. Next, stir in tomato paste and garlic, cooking for about 1 minute
4. Stir in diced tomatoes, vegetable stock (or water) and balsamic vinegar.
5. Bring the soup to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to medium-low for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from heat, add in fresh basil and blend the soup with an immersion blender or in blender until smooth
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste.